As marketers, it’s obvious we need to keep abreast of the changes in search behavior. After all, SEO is about being relevant in whatever way people are searching, no matter how quickly it may change…
The smartest search strategy is the one that recognizes SEO consists of many elements that need to work together in order to be effective. If you want to keep up with the new online landscape, make sure to focus on these tools that will surely improve your search strategy:
What You Can Do to Improve Your Search Strategy
- On SERP SEO – Optimizing for search engine results pages is critical. The goal is to dominate as much of real estate on the first page as possible. You can do it with paid ads, featured snippets, knowledge panels, maps, videos, and images.
- Featured Snippets – This “answer box” also called as “position zero” features answers to a searcher’s questions on the first page of search results without the need of going to the actual website. Featured snippets appear above position #1 in organic search results so that’s why it’s so crucial to reach that spot. You can do so by using your target keywords with questions, keep your answers short and concise, and featuring images on a page where the headline and URL match the image target keyword.
Read More: What You Have to Know About Featured Snippets
- Voice Search – Some say voice is the future of SEO and we couldn’t agree more. Nearly half of the online searches these days are conducted using just voice and they’re mostly inquiries looking for local businesses. Conversational voice searches mostly begin with the “how, when, where, what, who, why and can”. As you can see, it’s no longer about specific keyword but more about how are they being used. Is your content optimized for the questions your potential customers may be asking?
Read More: How to Master Voice Search Optimization
- Mobile-Friendliness – Ensuring your website is mobile-friendly is key. It doesn’t matter how responsive your website is, if Google detects a “Mobile Usability Issue”, you’re in trouble. Pay attention to your Google Search Console and correct any issues may arise right away.
- Directories – High-profile directories like Google My Business, Bing Places, Yelp or Yellow Pages are an absolute must if you want to improve your search strategy. Having your local listings claimed, completed, consistent and regularly updated (to reflect any changes in your business) will give you the best chance of competing in search results.
Read More: How Claiming Directory Listings Can Help Your Company?
Need help? Contact Famous WSI Results today! We help small to mid-sized business owners who are too busy running their businesses to focus on their marketing and advertising efforts. We specialize in Internet, TV, and radio advertising, and are particularly vested in Search Engine Optimization, website design, mobile website design, pay-per-click campaigns, and original content management in order to help our clientele claim their share of the marketplace.
Get in touch: