SEO takes time to build traffic, which is why it’s important to utilize every way you can to boost your rankings. Did you know that by monitoring and capturing online reviews, you can exponentially improve your search engine optimization efforts?
Yes, you read it right. One of the most powerful and cost-effective marketing tools for your business are online reviews. Why? Because they deliver value from the people that know your services or products best. And search engines love seeing engagement between the customers and businesses that takes place online.
With that in mind, monitoring your online reviews is a powerful way to proactively manage your brand’s reputation. Below are some important things to keep in mind for capturing reviews online and trying to improve your SEO efforts:
Tips for Capturing Online Reviews & Improving Your SEO Efforts
- Don’t ignore the online reviews on social media. By staying engaged and promptly responding to any (positive or negative) comment, review or private message, you humanize your business and keep your customer aware you’re listening to their feedback. Not to mention, search engines are ranking businesses higher if they have a larger social footprint!
- Video testimonials are another valuable asset any business can use to illustrate how satisfied the customers are with the company’s service and/or product. Encourage your clients to provide a video testimonial so you can share it on your website and social media. It will help your business with ranking higher in search, which equals to capturing more leads in the future. Here’s an example of a video testimonial:
- If your clients are not comfortable with providing a review in front of a camera, ask them for a written testimonial. Also, determine whether you need more feedback left on your Business Facebook Page, Google My Business Listing or any other local directory. Search engines love seeing online reviews on company’s business directories!
- Don’t ignore the comment section under your blog articles. The more feedback you receive in the comment section on your website, the better for your search rankings as well!
- If you received a complimentary email from your clients or they left a great comment about your work/ products on social media, ask them if you can share it on your website under a dedicated Testimonial page. That’s another great way to share relevant, optimized content on your website that search engines will surely love and reward.
- Make sure your clients know how to leave a review on each platform. Whether it’s linking a specific page you want your reviews on in the initial email request or bringing a camera to the meeting for a video testimonial, make sure it’s all clear to follow!
The bottom line is, customer reviews make excellent marketing content, so make sure to publicly thank customers for their time and their comments!
Need Help Capturing and Monitoring Online Reviews?
Famous WSI Results is a full-service digital marketing firm that helps small to mid-sized businesses in Delaware to grow their business through using traditional and innovative marketing strategies. If you would like to learn more about what we have to offer, please get in touch.