One of the most powerful and cost-effective marketing tools for your business are client testimonials. Why? Because they deliver value from the people that know your services or products best.
If you’re wondering how to ask your clients to provide feedback about your work, we have great ideas that bring quick results. Check them out below!
8 Ways to Get Client Testimonials
- Ask Immediately – Timing is everything! You should reach out right after completing a project for your client. If they’re happy with your service, they will surely want to share feedback with you right away.
- Create a review sheet – Create your own document to solicit review on your Google My Business, Facebook and Yelp business listing to encourage your clients to leave reviews. Have the links go directly to your reviews page.
- Make it easy – It’s important to provide simple ways for your clients to leave a testimonial. Whether it’s linking a specific page you want your reviews on in the initial email request or bringing a camera to the meeting for a video testimonial, make sure it’s all clear to follow!
- Ask the Right Questions – This is especially important if you’re asking your clients to provide a video testimonial. Having a set of questions to answer by your clients will help you get the information you need fast and efficiently. Not to mention, it will be much easier for your clients to provide specific feedback!
- Offer Different Ways to Provide Testimonials – If your clients are not comfortable with providing a review in front of a camera, ask them for a written testimonial. Also, determine whether you need more feedback left on your Business Facebook Page, Google Listing or any other local directory. Make sure your clients know how to leave a review on each platform!
- Look Out for Testimonials – Sometimes you don’t even have to ask for reviews. If you received a complimentary email from your clients or they left a great comment about your work/ products on social media, ask them if you can share it on your website. Just remember to put all screenshots in a separate folder to keep it organized before sharing.
- Create a Testimonials Page – Encourage your clients to provide a video testimonial so you can share it on your website. It will help your business with ranking higher in search, which equals to capturing more leads in the future.
- Use an Automated Service – There are certain platforms that will do the work for you. Just set up an account and customize your review request to start gathering those reviews. Customer Lobby is a great place to start.
Related article: 10 Steps to a Stellar Online Reputation
What’s your most effective way for getting client testimonials?
At Famous WSI Results, we look to partner with our customers to help make their advertising dollars go a long way. By implementing a few reputation-protection measures and taking the time to consciously monitor your online reputation, we lessen the chances of having to spend countless dollars cleaning up your reputation.
Get in touch: