Turning visitors into leads and leads into new customers. Successfully delivering appropriate messages helps you lead customers step by step through their buying cycle. Marketing automation enables you to set up a workflow of highly personalized marketing messages designed to convert website visitors into leads and then your new leads into paying customers.
Here are five best practice guidelines to get marketing automation working for your business:
- Identify Your Audience: Before you can start creating your emails, autoresponders, workflow messages and landing pages you need to know your audience. Create buyer personas to help you to understand how to create content that address your customer’s specific needs and challenges.
- Sales and Marketing Alignment: Your marketing automation campaign should be aligned to your sales processes, recording every point of engagement to an online CRM will provide detailed customer profiles for your sales team to successfully nurture leads through their buying cycle.
- Create Valuable, Helpful Content: Delivering the right message that appeals to your target audience will not only drive an engaging automation process, it will also qualify your leads from the start. So be creative, be informative and be focused.
- Multi-Channel Lead Nurturing: Effective marketing automation campaigns will feature a multi-channel approach with touch points including dynamic website content, email, social media, retargeting and interaction from your sales team.
- Test, Tweak, Repeat: The beauty of digital marketing is that it provides a constant flow of data to assist you in optimizing campaign results. A consistent program of monitoring and improving workflows will increase your overall advantage.
In addition to increasing leads, marketing automation systems can help increase cross sales and upsells and improve customer care processes, turning your customers into active bands who will be ready to recommend you.
If you would like help with marketing automation for your business, get in touch. We are expert marketing consultants in Delaware.